The trade name FILCO identifies a large family of film formers for sizing and powder binders for glass fiber manufacturing, and raw material for toner and adhesives. The product range includes:
1) Liquid film formers in the form of water based dispersions and solutions of:
- saturated and unsatured polyester resins
- medium and high molecular weight plasticizers
- epoxy and epoxy-polyester resins
- epoxy urethane resins
- nonionic and ionomeric polyurethanes
- other special, modified and/or taylor made resins.
Roving for translucent sheet, weaving, chop/spray, filament winding, SMC,BCM, pultrusion, panel etc.
2 ) Solid soluble binders including a wide range of saturated and insaturated bisphenolic, terephtalic and other modified polyesters in the form of powder or flakes, with different:
- molecular weights
- physical form and granulometric distribution
Chopped strand mats and/or continuous glass fibre mats. Binders for other general applications including 'hot-melt' operating conditions, toner developer formulations, molding and adhesives formulations.
3) Insoluble binders made of highly insatureted polyesters in the form of powder, containing peroxides.
Heat crosslinkable insoluble binder for both chopped and continuous glass fiber for pultrusion, low pressure moulding, RTM injection, reinforcement of polyurethane foams.