Polyurethane elastomers in organic, high or medium polar, solvents such as DMF (Dimethylformamide), but also ketones, esters, aromatics and alcohols.
They can be based both on aromatic and aliphatics isocyanates and are used to produce synthetic leather for all areas of application. C.O.I.M. offers the complete range of these products.
The advantages, in comparison to other classes of products used, of which the most common is PVC, are:
- products lighter in weight
- better resistance to abrasion and scratching, in relation to the thickness and weight
- no embrittlement or migration due to the extraction of plasticizers during aging (as for PVC)
- none or very low sensibility to thermal variations ? resistance to dry cleaning
- excellent mechanical properties, above all at low temperatures
The application areas are:
- articles in PU/PVC (bags, linings)
- leather split finishing: method by transfert.
The classes of our products are:
B-Adhesive bicomponents and direct-coating
MC-Monocomponents for wet process.
AL-Top-coat aliphatics, PU and PU/PVC skins, adhesives.
NL-Particular mono and bicomponent sytems, adhesives.
BTH-Mono and Bicomponent breathables.
HS-High solid content products for PU foams, heavy coatings, leather split finishing.